Trusted Business Insights answers what are the scenarios for growth and recovery and whether there will be any lasting structural impact from the unfolding crisis for the Stem Cell Therapy market.
Trusted Business Insights presents an updated and Latest Study on Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020-2029. The report contains market predictions related to market size, revenue, production, CAGR, Consumption, gross margin, price, and other substantial factors. While emphasizing the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also offers a complete study of the future trends and developments of the market.The report further elaborates on the micro and macroeconomic aspects including the socio-political landscape that is anticipated to shape the demand of the Stem Cell Therapy market during the forecast period (2020-2029).It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry including their corporate overview, financial summary, and SWOT analysis.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19)
Abstract, Snapshot, Market Analysis & Market Definition: Stem Cell Therapy MarketIndustry / Sector Trends
Stem Cell Therapy Market size was valued at USD 7.8 billion in 2018 and is expected to witness 10.2% CAGR from 2019 to 2025.
U.S. Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, By Type, 2018 & 2025 (USD Million)
Rising prevalence of chronic diseases will positively impact the stem cell therapy market growth. Cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders and other chronic conditions have resulted in high mortality over past few years. Conventional therapeutic methods and treatments are currently replaced due to lack of efficiency and efficacy. Recently developed stem cell therapies are capable of replacing defective cells to treat diseases that has reduced morbidity drastically. Therefore, people have now started relying on stem cell therapy that has long term positive effects.
Advancements in stem cell therapy in developed regions such as North America and Europe have boosted the industry growth. Since past few years, there have been several researches carried out for stem cell therapy. Currently developed stem cell therapies have shown positive outcomes in treatment of leukemia. Similarly, due to advancements in regenerative medicine, several other chronic conditions such as muscular dystrophy and cardiovascular diseases also have been cured. Aforementioned factors have surged the industry growth. However, high cost of allogenic stem cell therapy may hamper the industry growth to some extent.
Market Segmentation, Outlook & Regional Insights: Stem Cell Therapy Market
Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Type
Allogenic stem cell therapy segment held around 39% revenue share in 2018 and it is anticipated to grow substantially during the analysis timeframe. Allogenic stem cell is available as off the shelf therapy and it is easily scalable that helps in providing treatment without delay. Moreover, the procedure includes culturing donor-derived immunocompetent cells that are highly effective in treatment of several diseases. Stem cells obtained in allogenic therapy are free of contaminating tumor cells. This reduces risk for disease recurrence that will surge its demand thereby, stimulating segment growth.
Autologous stem cell therapy segment is estimated to witness 10.1% growth over the forthcoming years. People usually prefer autologous stem cell therapy as it has minimum risk of immunological rejection. However, on introduction of allogenic stem cell therapy, demand for autologous stem cell therapy has declined as it is difficult to scale up. However, there are concerns regarding risk of cross contamination during large scale manufacturing of autologous stem cell lines that will impede segmental growth to some extent.
Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Application
The neurology segment was valued at around USD 1.6 billion in 2018 and it is estimated that it will witness significant growth over the forthcoming years. Stem cells are used to replenish the disrupted neurological cells that help in quick patient recovery. Pluripotent stem cells provide a replacement for cells and tissues to treat Alzheimers, Parkinsons disease, cerebral palsy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and other neurodegenerative diseases. Thus, the pivotal role of stem cells in treating the life-threatening neurological condition will escalate segment growth.
The cardiovascular segment will witness 10% growth over the analysis timeframe. Considerable segmental growth can be attributed to development in stem cell therapies that have enhanced recovery pace in patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Recently developed allogeneic stem cell therapies are efficient and easily available that have reduced the mortality rates in cardiovascular patients. Above mentioned factors will propel cardiovascular segment growth in near future.
Stem Cell Therapy Market, By End-users
The hospital segment held over 56% revenue share in 2018 and it is anticipated to grow significantly in near future. The rising preference for stem cell therapies offered by hospitals proves beneficial for business growth. Hospitals have affiliations with research laboratories and academic institutes that carry out research activities for developing stem cell therapies. On the introduction and approval of any novel stem therapy, hospitals implement it immediately. Associations with research and academic institutes further help hospitals to upgrade its stem cell treatment offerings that positively impact the segmental growth.
The clinics segment is expected to grow at around 10% during the forecast timeframe. Clinics specializing in providing stem cell therapies are well-equipped with advanced medical devices and superior quality reagents required for imparting stem cell therapies. However, as clinics offer specialized stem cell therapies, their treatment cost is much higher as compared to hospitals that may reduce its preference.
Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Region
North America stem cell therapy market held around 41.5% revenue share in 2018 and it is estimated to grow substantially in near future. Increasing the adoption of novel stem cell therapies will prove beneficial for regional market growth. Moreover, favorable government initiatives have a positive impact on regional market growth. For instance, the government of Canada has initiated Strategic Innovation Fund Program that invests in research activities carried out for stem cell therapies enabling development in stem cell therapy. Above mentioned factors are expected to drive the North America market growth.
Asia Pacific stem cell therapy market is anticipated to witness 10.8% growth in the near future owing to increasing awareness amongst people pertaining to the benefits of advanced stem cell therapies. Additionally, favorable initiatives undertaken by several organizations will promote industry players to come up with innovative solutions. For instance, according to Pharma Focus Asia, members of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation collaborated with Life Sciences Innovation Forum to involve professionals having expertise in stem cell therapies from academia and research centers to promote developments in stem cell research. Thus, growing initiatives by organizations ensuring the availability of new stem cell therapies will foster regional market growth.
Latin America Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, By Country, 2025 (USD Million)
Key Players, Recent Developments & Sector Viewpoints: Stem Cell Therapy Market
Key industry players in the stem cell therapy market include Astellas Pharma Inc, Cellectis, Celyad, Novadip Biosciences, Gamida Cell, Capricor Therapeutics, Cellular Dynamics, CESCA Therapeutics, DiscGenics, OxStem, Mesoblast Ltd, ReNeuron Group, and Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Chief industry players implement several initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions to sustain market competition. Also, receiving approvals for stem cell therapy products from regulatory authorities fosters the companys growth. For instance, in March 2018, the European Commission approved Takedas Alofisel that is off-the-shelf stem cell therapy. Product approval will help the company to gain a competitive advantage and capture market share.
Stem Cell Therapy Industry Viewpoint
The stem cells industry can be traced back to the 1950s. In 1959 first animals were made by in-vitro fertilization by preserving the stem cells. Till 2000, research was being carried out on stem cells to study its therapeutic effect. In 2000, fund allocations were made to research on cells derived from aborted human fetuses. In the same year, scientists derived human embryonic stem cells from the inner cell mass of blastocytes. Later, in 2010, clinical trials for human embryonic stem cell-based therapy were initiated. As technology progressed, stem cell therapy for treating cancer was developed. However, due to ethical issues, the use of stem cells for curing diseases witnessed slow growth for a few years. But as the regulatory scenario changed, people started preferring stem cell therapies due to its better efficacy. Stem cell therapy is in the developing stage and has numerous growth opportunities in developing economies with a high prevalence of chronic diseases.
Key Industry Development
In September 2020, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited announced the expansion of its cell therapy manufacturing capabilities with the opening of a new 24,000 square-foot R&D cell therapy manufacturing facility at its R&D headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. The facility provides end-to-end research and development capabilities and will accelerate Takedas efforts to develop next-generation cell therapies, initially focused on oncology with the potential to expand into other therapeutic areas.
The R&D cell therapy manufacturing facility will produce cell therapies for clinical evaluation from discovery through pivotal Phase 2b trials. The current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) facility is designed to meet all U.S., E.U., and Japanese regulatory requirements for cell therapy manufacturing to support Takeda clinical trials around the world.
The proximity and structure of Takedas cell therapy teams allow them to quickly apply what they learn across a diverse portfolio of next-generation cell therapies including CAR NKs, armored CAR-Ts, and gamma delta T cells. Insights gained in manufacturing and clinical development can be quickly shared across global research, manufacturing, and quality teams, a critical ability in their effort to deliver potentially transformative treatments to patients as fast as possible.
Takeda and MD Anderson are developing a potential best-in-class allogeneic cell therapy product (TAK-007), a Phase 1/2 CD19-targeted chimeric antigen receptor-directed natural killer (CAR-NK) cell therapy with the potential for off-the-shelf use being studied in patients with relapsed or refractory non-Hodgkins lymphoma (NHL) and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Two additional Phase 1 studies of Takeda cell therapy programs were also recently initiated: 19(T2)28z1xx CAR T cells (TAK-940), a next-generation CAR-T signaling domain developed in partnership with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) to treat relapsed/refractory B-cell cancers, and a cytokine and chemokine armored CAR-T (TAK-102) developed in partnership with Noile-Immune Biotech to treat GPC3-expressing previously treated solid tumors.
Takedas Cell Therapy Translational Engine (CTTE) connects clinical translational science, product design, development, and manufacturing through each phase of research, development, and commercialization. It provides bioengineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and control (CMC), data management, analytical, and clinical and translational capabilities in a single footprint to overcome many of the manufacturing challenges experienced in cell therapy development.
Key Insights Covered: Exhaustive Stem Cell Therapy Market
1. Market size (sales, revenue and growth rate) of Stem Cell Therapy industry.
2. Global major manufacturers operating situation (sales, revenue, growth rate and gross margin) of Stem Cell Therapy industry.
3. SWOT analysis, New Project Investment Feasibility Analysis, Upstream raw materials and manufacturing equipment & Industry chain analysis of Stem Cell Therapy industry.
4. Market size (sales, revenue) forecast by regions and countries from 2019 to 2025 of Stem Cell Therapy industry.
Research Methodology: Stem Cell Therapy Market
Looking for more? Check out our repository for all available reports on Stem Cell Therapy in related sectors.
Quick Read Table of Contents of this Report @ Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report Forecast to 2029 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19)
Trusted Business InsightsShelly ArnoldMedia & Marketing ExecutiveEmail Me For Any ClarificationsConnect on LinkedInClick to follow Trusted Business Insights LinkedIn for Market Data and Updates.US: +1 646 568 9797UK: +44 330 808 0580
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market By Type (Allogeneic Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Bone Marrow Transplant, Adipose Tissue Stem Cells) and By... - October 16th, 2021
- Worldwide Cell Therapy Consumables Industry to 2031 - Featuring Bio-Techne, Irvine Scientific and Sartorius Among Others - PRNewswire - October 16th, 2021
- Caring Cross to Lend Insight to "Democratization of Access to Transformative Cell and Gene Therapies" Panel at Meeting on the Mesa 2021 -... - October 16th, 2021
- Why Jasper Therapeutics Stock Is Soaring Today - Yahoo Finance - October 16th, 2021
- Why Jasper Therapeutics Stock Is Falling Today - Benzinga - October 16th, 2021
- Safety of Stem Cell Therapy for Chronic Knee Pain Confirmed in New Study - SciTechDaily - August 5th, 2021
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome Treatment Options - Healthline - August 5th, 2021
- Asia-Pacific Cell Therapy Market 2021-2028 - Opportunities in the Approval of Kymriah and Yescarta - PRNewswire - August 5th, 2021
- Fate Therapeutics Announces Treatment of First Patient in Landmark Phase 1 Clinical Trial of FT819, the First-ever iPSC-derived CAR T-Cell Therapy |... - August 5th, 2021
- Colin Jackson health: Im in constant pain Athlete to undergo stem cell therapy to help - Express - August 5th, 2021
- Fate Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Highlights Operational Progress - StreetInsider.com - August 5th, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Research 2021-2027 With Medivet Biologics LLC, VETSTEM BIOPHARMA, J-ARM, US Stem Cell The Manomet Current - The... - August 5th, 2021
- IDH1 Inhibitors, CAR T-Cell Therapy, and Third-Generation TKIs Refresh Relapsed/Refractory Leukemia Landscape - OncLive - August 5th, 2021
- Gold River Productions, Inc. (GRPS) Appoints Michael Berkowitz to spearhead the Rejuvenation Division with StemSpa - Yahoo Finance - August 5th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market to witness exponential proliferation during 2020-2026 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - August 5th, 2021
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing Demand to Grow by 9% CAGR Annually, through 2031 - BioSpace - August 5th, 2021
- Astellas and Minovia Therapeutics Announce Strategic Collaboration for Novel Mitochondrial Cell Therapy Programs - Business Wire - August 5th, 2021
- Is This Small-Cap Biotech a Buy After Its Second Approved Gene Therapy? - Motley Fool - August 5th, 2021
- Improving the Treatment Gap in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma - Targeted Oncology - August 5th, 2021
- The Basics of MDS: Diagnosis and Staging - Curetoday.com - August 5th, 2021
- Dr. Sperling on Future Research With CAR T-Cell Therapy in Multiple Myeloma - OncLive - July 21st, 2021
- Stemson Therapeutics Secures $15M Series A Funding to Cure Hair Loss - Business Wire - July 21st, 2021
- New CEO, check. $172M round, check. Wugen's off-the-shelf cell therapies are ready for takeoff - FierceBiotech - July 21st, 2021
- BlueRock Therapeutics Receives FDA Fast Track Designation for DA01 in the Treatment of Advanced Parkinson's Disease - Yahoo Finance - July 21st, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Announces MyeloCelz The Company's Second Regenerative Immunotherapy Product - PRNewswire - July 21st, 2021
- Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics Completes Acquisition of Novellus Therapeutics - GlobeNewswire - July 21st, 2021
- Developmental Interest in Allogeneic PlacentaDerived Cell Therapies Expands - OncLive - July 21st, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis of Key Players, End User, Demand and Consumption By 2026 26 Sports - 2x6 Sports - July 21st, 2021
- Roswell Park Team Shows Dendritic-Cell Vaccines Can Be Paired With Standard Therapy for Breast Cancer - Newswise - July 21st, 2021
- Novo Nordisk partners with Heartseed on heart failure cell therapy - PMLiVE - June 6th, 2021
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Receive Stem Cell Therapy - Wrestling Inc. - June 6th, 2021
- Gift of Life Biologics - The Boca Raton Observer - June 6th, 2021
- Dr. Ghosh on the Role of Off-the-Shelf CAR T-Cell Therapy in Myeloma June - OncLive - June 6th, 2021
- Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 Analysis and Precise Outlook Therapeutics, Medivet Biologics, Okyanos The Courier - The Courier - June 6th, 2021
- In Some Heavily Pretreated Patients with R/R MM Ide-Cel Continues to Show Deep and Durable Responses - Targeted Oncology - June 6th, 2021
- CAR T Cells Have Reshaped the Hematologic Cancer Landscape - Targeted Oncology - June 6th, 2021
- HSCT-Sparing, Chemotherapy-Free Treatment of Ph+ ALL With Ponatinib/Blinatumomab Leads to 100% CR Rate - Cancer Network - June 6th, 2021
- Polatuzumab With Rituximab and Lenalidomide Shown Safe and Effective for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL - Targeted Oncology - June 6th, 2021
- Global Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market : Industry Perspective, COVID-1 - PharmiWeb.com - June 6th, 2021
- Breakthrough stem cell therapy may reverse life-threatening conditions in dogs - Study Finds - February 7th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements Directory 2020: Company AZ, Headline Value, Stage of Development at Signing, Deal Component Type,... - February 7th, 2021
- Stem cells' efficacy confirmed in treating ototoxic hearing loss - Korea Biomedical Review - February 7th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Information, Figures and Analytical Insights 2020 2026 - The Courier - February 7th, 2021
- Groundbreaking Trial Shows Umbilical-Cord Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Infusions Save Lives of Sickest COVID-19 Patients - HospiMedica - January 20th, 2021
- Bone Therapeutics, Rigenerand Ink Cell Therapy Deal - Contract Pharma - January 20th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market: Clear Understanding of The Competitive Landscape and Key Product Segments 2026 - NeighborWebSJ - January 20th, 2021
- Impact of COVID-19 on Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | VETSTEM BIOPHARMA, Cell... - January 20th, 2021
- BrainStorm Announces the Publication of Preclinical Data Highlighting the Potential of a NurOwn Derived Exosome-Based Treatment for COVID-19 ARDS -... - January 20th, 2021
- Bone Therapeutics and Rigenerand sign partnership for cell therapy process development - GlobeNewswire - January 20th, 2021
- Autologous stem cell transplantation versus bortezomib for the first line treatment of systemic light chain amyloidosis in the UK - DocWire News - January 20th, 2021
- Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market 2018: Production, Sales, Supply, Demand, Analysis and Forecast To 2026 | BioRestorative Therapies, Inc.,... - January 20th, 2021
- PureTech Founded Entity Vor Announces FDA Clearance of IND Application for VOR33 - Business Wire - January 20th, 2021
- Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market to Register Unwavering Growth During in Global by 2026 | BioRestorative Therapies, Inc., Celltex Therapeutics... - January 20th, 2021
- AKU wins HEC's grant Rs 14.5m to develop new, targeted stem cell treatments for blood cancer - UrduPoint News - January 20th, 2021
- Global Cell Therapy Market Report 2020: Market to Recover in 2023 - PRNewswire - December 31st, 2020
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market Latest Trends and Future Growth Study by 2029 - Farming Sector - December 31st, 2020
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Announces Patent filing based on Preclinical Data in Model of Heart Attack using ImmCelz Regenerative... - December 31st, 2020
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Announces Reversion of Liver Failure Using ImmCelz Personalized Cellular Immunotherapy in Preclinical Model -... - December 31st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Growth Trends, Revenue, Top Companies, Regional Outlook, and Forecast, 2020-2027 - LionLowdown - December 31st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market (COVID-19 Analysis) 2020-2025 Is Booming Worldwide with Comprehensive Study Explores Huge Revenue Scope in Future - Farming... - December 31st, 2020
- Impacts of COVID 19 on Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Size, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 - Factory Gate - December 31st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size 2020 | Opportunities, Regional Overview, Top Leaders, Revenue and Forecast to 2025 - LionLowdown - December 31st, 2020
- The Amniotic Fluid Stem Cell Therapy Market to stay put between 2018 and 2026 - The Monitor - December 31st, 2020
- Humanigen Secures US Patent for Lenzilumab in Preventing Cytokine Storm and Neurotoxicity Related to CAR-T Cell Therapy - BioSpace - December 31st, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size 2020 by Top Key Players, Global Trend, Types, Applications, Regional Demand, Forecast to 2027 - LionLowdown - December 31st, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on NK Cell Therapy and Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2027 | Chipscreen... - December 31st, 2020
- Stem Cell Medical Research to Expand in California Following Passage of Prop. 14 - Times of San Diego - November 30th, 2020
- How Stem Cell Therapy Market Will Dominate In Coming Years? Report Covering Products, Financial Information, Developments, Swot Analysis And... - November 30th, 2020
- Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis, Overview, Growth, Demand and Forecast Research Report to 2026 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - November 30th, 2020
- Are stable producer cells the future of viral vector manufacturing and when will allogeneic cell therapy take hold? - BioPharma-Reporter.com - November 30th, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Sales Market Size, Share, Statistics, Trends, Demand and Revenue, Forecast To 2027 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - November 30th, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2019 | How The Industry Will Witness Substantial Growth In The Upcoming Years | Exclusive Report By Industry Growth... - November 30th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy for Osteoarthritis Market Division, New Business Opportunities, Growth Rate, Development Trend and Feasibility Studies 2026 -... - November 30th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market To Observe Exponential Growth By 2020-2027 | Reports Globe - Cheshire Media - November 30th, 2020
- Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Share Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application to 2026 - PRnews Leader - November 2nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Insights and Forecast by 2027 - TechnoWeekly - November 2nd, 2020
- AgeX Therapeutics Sublicenses Stem Cell Line ESI-053 to ImStem Biotechnology for Development of Cell Therapy Candidate IMS001 for COVID-19 and Acute... - November 2nd, 2020
- California Proposition 14 is about pikuach nefesh heres why - Forward - November 2nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020: Potential Growth, Challenges, and Know the Companies List Could Potentially Benefit or Loose out From the Impact of... - November 2nd, 2020
- Opinion: Proposition 14 Could Save the Life of Someone You Love - Times of San Diego - November 2nd, 2020