If reinstated, Donald Trumps order restricting travel to the US would hurt the cell therapy sector according to the International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT).
US President Donald Trump issued an executive order on January 27 that limited immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries, halted refugee admission for 120 days, and barred all Syrian refugees.
Last Friday , a judge in Seattle suspended implementation of the order after lawyers representing Washington and Minnesota argued it was unconstitutional and discriminatory.
In response, Trump criticized the presiding judge and vowed to have the order reinstated. However, at the time of writing, nothing has been decided.
If reinstated, the travel restrictions will negatively impact the cell therapy sector according to the International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT) a Canada-based group representing doctors, regulators, researchers and industry which raised concerns in a statement today.
The US plays an essential part in cell therapy research as a leading country in the life science industry. It hosts the highest number of international conferences, critical for scientific collaboration and sharing of ideas.
The ISCT also highlighted the leading roles US investors and the FDA play in shaping the global cell therapy sector and warned against any regulations that restrict international collaboration.
ISCT views any policies that would prevent the free movement of properly credentialed scientists, patients, care givers and/or their families from entering the US, as significantly harmful to the sharing of key scientific findings and the ability to deliver cell therapy to all patients.
ISCT President Catherine Bollard told us The Executive Order may result in a loss of talented researchers being able to come and work in the US to develop cell therapeutics given how much the US relies on foreign talent in the research and development sector.
She also suggested that some researchers returning to their country of origin because they do not feel comfortable continuing to live in the US.
Bollard confirmed that ISCT has one member from a country covered by the executive order.
- Custom cell therapy shrinks lung tumors in advanced cancer cases - STAT - April 27th, 2020
- AACR: Iovance details early responses to TIL cell therapy in lung cancer - FierceBiotech - April 27th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Shows 83% Survival in COVID-19 Patients Dependent on Ventilator - HospiMedica - April 27th, 2020
- Diabetes reversed in mice using CRISPR and stem cell therapy - BioNews - April 27th, 2020
- 'Stem cell therapy more effective on Covid-19' - Korea Biomedical Review - Korea Biomedical Review - April 27th, 2020
- Citius Announces Pre-IND Submission to FDA Under the Coronavirus Treatment Acceleration Program for a Novel Stem Cell Therapy for Acute Respiratory... - April 27th, 2020
- World coronavirus Dispatch: Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Forecasted To Surpass The Value Of US$ XX Mn/Bn By 2036 2017 2025 - Latest Herald - April 27th, 2020
- Autologous Cell Therapy Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 27th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Stem Cell Therapy Market Investment Opportunities And Forecast 2020-2027 | By Top Key Players Magellan, Medipost Co., Ltd,... - April 27th, 2020
- Assessing the Fallout From the Coronavirus Pandemic Value of Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Predicted to Surpass US$ by the of 20512019-2019 -... - April 27th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Segmentation, Application, Technology, Analysis Research Report and Forecast to 2026 - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Cell Freezing Media for Cell Therapy Market Overview, Top Companies, Region, Application and Global Forecast by 2026 - Latest Herald - April 27th, 2020
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Affinia Therapeutics Establish Multi-Year Collaboration to Discover and Develop Novel AAV Capsids for Genetic Therapies -... - April 27th, 2020
- What Is The Economic Value of Receiving CAR T-Cell Therapy in an Outpatient Setting? - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - April 24th, 2020
- CRISPR combines with stem cell therapy to reverse diabetes in mice - New Atlas - April 24th, 2020
- Scientists explore using CAR-T and other engineered immune cells to target COVID-19 - FierceBiotech - April 24th, 2020
- Researchers use cell therapy to recover damaged brain areas in mice that suffered - Mirage News - April 24th, 2020
- CRISPR-Based 'Discovery Engine' for New Cell Therapies to Advance Cancer Treatments - UCSF News Services - April 24th, 2020
- AGT CEO Jeff Galvin on the Future of the Gene and Cell Therapy Industry - BioSpace - April 24th, 2020
- Genocea to Host First Quarter 2020 Corporate Update Conference Call & WebcastVirtual KOL symposium scheduled for May 12th to review GEN-011 ... - April 24th, 2020
- Global Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Future Scenario, Industry Growth Insights and Production Analysis 2025 - Bandera County Courier - April 24th, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Is Set To Experience Revolutionary Growth By 2025 - Cole of Duty - April 24th, 2020
- Mogrify and Sangamo announce collaboration and exclusive license agreement for Mogrify's iPSC- and ESC-derived regulatory T cells - SelectScience - April 24th, 2020
- How effective is PLX cell therapy in treating coronavirus? Experts answer all queries and more - India TV News - April 24th, 2020
- CAR-T cell therapy Market for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma is expected to touch USD 2796.2 Million by 2030 - MENAFN.COM - April 24th, 2020
- Global CAR T-Cell Therapy for Multiple Myeloma Market (impact of COVID-19) 2020-2026 Juno Therapeutics, Kite Pharma, Novartis, Collectis - NJ MMA News - April 24th, 2020
- CAR T Cell Therapy Market Size, Share 2020 Global Industry, Share, Emerging Trends, Growth Boosted By Demand and Advanced Technology till 2027 -... - April 24th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Technologies Market: Global Outlook and Forecast 2020-2025 - Surfacing Magazine - April 24th, 2020
- Mogrify and Sangamo in license agreement for 'off-the-shelf' CAR-Treg - BioPharma-Reporter.com - April 24th, 2020
- Autologous Cell Therapy Market Analysis by Size, Share, Top Key Manufacturers, Demand Overview, Regional Outlook And Growth Forecast to 2026 - Cole of... - April 24th, 2020
- What Factors Influence Hematological Recovery in Patients Who Receive CAR-T Therapies? - Cancer Therapy Advisor - April 24th, 2020
- Cell Therapy And Tissue Engineering Market Analysis by Size, Share, Top Key Manufacturers, Demand Overview, Regional Outlook And Growth Forecast to... - April 24th, 2020
- Cell therapy restores mobility and sensations in rodent models of stroke - FierceBiotech - April 11th, 2020
- Mount Sinai Leading the Way in Innovative Stem Cell Therapy for COVID-19 Patients - Newswise - April 11th, 2020
- Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-Cell Therapy Market 2020: Professional Survey & Competitive Dynamics Mustang Bio Inc., iCell Gene Therapeutics,... - April 11th, 2020
- Moving toward Nonchemotherapy-Based Approaches in Follicular Lymphoma - Cancer Network - April 11th, 2020
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Forecast 2020-2025, Latest Trends and Opportunities - Express Journal - April 11th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Market Size Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Shares, Growth Opportunities and Forecast to 2026 - Science In Me - April 11th, 2020
- MSC-based therapies from Mesoblast, Cynata advance to tackle COVID-19 ARDS - BioWorld Online - April 11th, 2020
- More Therapeutic Ideas for the Coronavirus: Too Much Inflammation? - Science Magazine - April 11th, 2020
- Celularity Expands Strategic Collaboration with United Therapeutics Corporation to COVID-19 Infection and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome -... - April 11th, 2020
- Convalescent plasma therapy useful in treating COVID-19 - Anadolu Ajans - April 11th, 2020
- Cell Therapy Technologies Market Size, Key Trends, Challenges and Standardization, Research, Key Players, Economic Impact and Forecast to 2026 -... - April 11th, 2020
- FDA-Approved Randomized Controlled Feasibility Study Finds InGeneron's Regenerative Cell Therapy to Significantly Reduce Pain and Improve Shoulder... - April 8th, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact on Cell Freezing Media for Cell Therapy Market (2020-2026) - Science In Me - April 8th, 2020
- panCELLa receives research and development support for cell therapy - Yahoo Finance - April 8th, 2020
- Celularity and Infectious Disease Research Institute will try out COVID-19 cell therapy - GeekWire - April 8th, 2020
- Unproven Stem Cell Therapy Gets OK for Testing in Coronavirus Patients - The New York Times - April 8th, 2020
- Trial in Britain for cell therapy treatment of COVID-19 - The Siasat Daily - April 8th, 2020
- CAR-T Cell Therapy Shows Promise in Patients with Mantle Cell Lymphoma - Curetoday.com - April 8th, 2020
- Outlook on the Worldwide CAR T-Cell Therapy for Multiple Myeloma (2017 to 2030) - Featuring MolMed, Celgene & Cartesian Therapeutics Among Others... - April 8th, 2020
- Ziopharm- Catalysts in T-Cell Therapy - Yahoo Finance - April 8th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy for Colon Cancer - Yahoo Finance - April 8th, 2020
- Aspen Neuro Adds $70M to Test Parkinson's Cell Therapy in the Clinic - Xconomy - April 8th, 2020
- Coronavirus Update: Cell Therapy Reportedly Appears Promising To Beat COVID-19 - International Business Times - April 8th, 2020
- Fate Therapeutics Strikes Multi-Billion Dollar Cell Therapy Deal with Janssen - BioSpace - April 8th, 2020
- FDA Accepts IND for NK Cell Therapy CYNK-001 to Treat Patients with COVID-19 - Cancer Network - April 8th, 2020
- A Path Forward for CAR-T Therapy Reimbursement Under the IPPS - American Action Forum - April 8th, 2020
- Britain starts clinical trial of cell therapy treatment for Covid-19 patients - Livemint - April 8th, 2020
- Evotec Expands Its IPSC-Based Cell Therapy Platform Evocells Through Licensing Agreement with panCella - Yahoo Finance - April 8th, 2020
- TCR Therapeutics to Present at the Goldman Sachs Cell Therapy Day - Yahoo Finance - April 8th, 2020
- Stempeutics partners with Global Consortium of cell therapy companies - Express Healthcare - April 8th, 2020
- Cell therapy treatment mooted as potential way to beat coronavirus - Evening Standard - April 8th, 2020
- How pharma companies are shifting deal strategies for cell and gene therapies - EPM Magazine - April 8th, 2020
- SNUH team finds causal gene of inherited retinal disorder - Korea Biomedical Review - April 8th, 2020
- AlloVir, Baylor ally to develop COVID-19 T-cell therapy - FierceBiotech - March 25th, 2020
- Global Autologous Cell Therapy Market 2020-2024 | Evolving Opportunities with Bayer AG and Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics Inc. | Technavio - Yahoo... - March 25th, 2020
- CAR Macrophages An Alternative to CAR T-cell Therapy? - Technology Networks - March 25th, 2020
- MaxCyte and Allogene Therapeutics Sign Clinical and Commercial License Agreement to Enable the Advancement of Allogeneic CAR T (AlloCAR T(TM))... - March 25th, 2020
- Can cell-based therapy be helpful in tackling coronavirus? - YourStory - March 25th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy for the Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic - Yahoo Finance - March 25th, 2020
- Alternative immune cells may surpass T cells to fight solid tumors - Penn: Office of University Communications - March 25th, 2020
- Vycellix and Avectas Announce Collaboration to Advance Next-Generation Solutions for the Optimized Manufacture of Cell & Gene Therapies - BioSpace - March 25th, 2020
- Sangamo Therapeutics: Market Cap Is At A Bargain Relative To Its Cash Position - Seeking Alpha - March 25th, 2020
- IASO Biotherapeutics Raises $60 Million in Series B Financing Led by GL Ventures to Advance Cell Therapies for Cancer Care - Yahoo Finance - March 25th, 2020
- Triumvira Immunologics and Lonza Announce Collaboration to Develop Innovative Point-of-Care Manufacturing for TAC T-Cell Therapeutic Targeting Solid... - March 25th, 2020
- The Global Cell Therapy Technologies Market is expected to grow from USD 10,423.12 Million in 2018 to USD 25,712.23 Million by the end of 2025 at a... - March 25th, 2020
- Avectas and Vycellix Announce Collaboration to Advance Next-Generation Solutions for the Optimized Manufacture of Cell & Gene Therapies - BioSpace - March 25th, 2020
- AlloVir Expands Its Research Collaboration with Baylor College of Medicine to Discover and Develop Allogeneic, Off-the-Shelf, Virus-Specific T-Cell... - March 25th, 2020
- Global Viral Vector and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Market to Surpass US$ 2,205.6 Million by 2027 - CMI - Yahoo Finance - March 25th, 2020